Wednesday 20 June 2012

Outfit post; Bird Dress

Cardigan; New Look, Necklace; TopShop, Dress; Florence and Fred at Tesco.

This is the gorgeous £10 dress I was talking about in this previous post. 

I had to crop out my hideously sunburnt face, and I wasn't wearing any shoes... but other than that, this is how I would style this dress. Nice and simple and great for a BBQ or summer fete! I am on the lookout for a nice pair of wedge sandals to go with this dress. The cardigan is an old one I have that I threw on when I got a bit chilly and to be honest I don't really like it with this dress; I'd rather wear a longer sleeved one as I feel it balances it better. The necklace is lovely and delicate and if I had one, I'd couple it with a nice gold bracelet or bangle (unfortunately, my bangle collection is awful!). I think this dress would also look great with  with chunky colourful jewellery but it would be hard to strike a balance between the pattern and the colours. Doable maybe, but I don't have the confidence for it!

What do you think? Would you have done this differently? Is black and white over done or is it simple and sophisticated?

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are appreciated x